scrumptious monkey

so much more than an amp -- and yet, not.

3.08.2006

Let Them Eat Cake.

No, I'm not going to give up on a bookstore job -- or a library gig, for that matter. I don't mind volunteering for the library... as soon as I find one of 'em! I can be mild mannered cake decorating Lilly by day, and Smarty-Pants-Know-It-All Librarian Lilly ... on alternating days.

I would like a bookstore gig. Maybe I should bring over some goodies for the BookPeople folks. Like a cake with the Cat in the Hat on it:



hmmm might seem too threatening. I want to get hired, not arrested.

I'm thinking about Dr Seuss because it was his birthday recently (March 2) and I used to make 3 Cat In The Hat Cakes every year (special order for a grade school teacher) to celebrate the day. I think she had a cake for the morning session, a cake for the afternoon session -- and a cake for the teacher's lounge. Now there's an educator.

On the subject of getting the gig with this grocery chain -- they have a mandatory pre-hire drug test, and criminal background search. Now... the most illegal thing I've ever done is cheat on my diet, and the only drugs in my system (at a-certain-time-of-the-month) are Excedrin or Midol.

I have nothing to hide, and I had no problem complying.
Does that make me a tool?
Probably.



I'd rather be an employed tool than "worrying about what I'm going to write on my cardboard sign". hmmmm..

Speaking of EJ -- I missed his appearance as part of The Barbwire Project at the Chris Whitley tribute this past Saturday. Much as I would have liked to go -- I just crashed from Saturday 6pm to Sunday afternoon.
I was beginning to stress mightly, and I needed to recover.
I'm so dull and boring -- Stressing over the "small thing" of employment. That's not even a blink of interest on the Jerry Springer scale.

off to find the nearest branch of the Austin Public Library.
Ye, I say verily, Yeeha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home