scrumptious monkey

so much more than an amp -- and yet, not.

3.10.2006

I am a tower of jello...

Today, I burst into tears when I finally got a human being on the phone after chasing my local branch office bank voice mail around for 15 minutes (including getting hung up on twice). All I wanted to know was what I needed to bring with me to open an individual checking account in Austin. I had no idea the concept and the implementation was so emotionally volatile.

It has been a day.

A friend of mine is outright furious with me and "going off" on me for having the bad form to tell him he's over-reacting. I knew I'd draw his scorn and ire, but this really seemed... well, frightening. Things have settled down a bit, but good grief I don't like the feeling of waiting for the other shoe to kick me in the behind. I had enough of living on that edge for 44 years, and I thought I could give it up, down here.

The good news is, as far as I know he doesn't have my address or phone number.

S.M. left for his trip overseas to Israel and Germany yesterday... and I miss him. I'm getting around Austin (as I need to) and taking care of myself -- but I just miss him. He's a Good Person. He's kind, encouraging, has a sense of humor, listens well, and doesn't shock at all. Best of all -- he's trustworthy, in a true blue, what-you-see-is-what-you-get presentation of personal ethics and integrity.
He is, simply "A Mensch".

I wish I was the sort of girl he's looking for, to hold up the other end of the 2 x 4.
Sadly, I don't think that's going to happen.
But I do want him to find happiness with his better half, whoever she is.

Enough feeling sorry for myself. I should get some supper, take my meds, and plan my Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home