scrumptious monkey

so much more than an amp -- and yet, not.

3.12.2006

Getting Around

My favorite computer game ever is MapQuest.

See, you enter an address you want to go to, and the address you're starting from. Directions and an actual map pop up on the screen. Then -- and here's the fun part -- you get to play out the game in real time, by actually following the directions to get to your destination.

It's exciting, ever stimulating, and has that edge of reality people crave nowadays.

Today, I got in the truck and headed out in the opposite direction of what I am somewhat familiar with -- this time down to Spicewood Springs Road, which turns into Anderson Lane East, hooking a slight right onto I-35 North.. and ending up at 6*** NI H 35.

according to MapQuest, it was a 4.98 mile trip, one direction.
Guess how lost I got.

Ok Ok I am getting better at figuring out the one way traffic web, and with practice I am slightly bolder in deciding to carefully turn around and retrace my route.

Heck, it only took me a half hour and one phone call to find what I set out to find...
and er... an hour to get back.

all that one way traffic stuff... geez.
Still, I found a lot of good things I didn't know were so close to my area.
Look for, the silver lining...
I am such a driving dweeb.

2 Comments:

Anonymous RobertG said...

You can also use the maps at Yahoo (http://maps.yahoo.com/) and at Google (http://maps.google.com/). Google maps have this nice hybrid view, major streets and their names overlaid on satellite imagery. Yahoo has a new beta map program with features similar to Google's.

3/13/2006 12:13 AM  
Blogger Blueberry said...

Well, let's hit up Yahoo Maps to find the dopest route.

I prefer Map Quest.

That's a good one, too.

Google Maps is the best.

True that.

DOUBLE TRUE.

--"Chroni-WHAT?-cles of Narnia"

3/13/2006 6:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home