scrumptious monkey

so much more than an amp -- and yet, not.

3.16.2006

First Day Jitters

I should be asleep. Really.

But I've laid down and gotten up three times already.
My mind won't unwind...

First day, new job -- and I have to be there bright eyed and bushy tailed at 6am.
for the next four days in a row.
(I just heard Rob shudder and groan. oh yeah -- Ms. "I am SO Not A Morning Person.")
Anything can be conquered in small enough increments.
It's a day at a time.

I'll feel better after the first day is over.
The training session went well... the worst part was the drive home (still took be a freeking HOUR to navigate from I-35 to Anderson. Like it isn't confusing enough in the daylight! Sheesh.

I really need to fall asleep and get some rest, it's a 6am to 2:30pm shift.

Nice Cake, huh? Simple royal icing violets, smooth base with elegant dots.
Nothing like what I'll be doing, but what the hell.
Let's have a slice...

4 Comments:

Anonymous RobertG said...

You could try a glass of warm milk or valerian root extract if you're having trouble falling asleep. Try not to use that latter method too frequently.

Then again, really dry reading material might help, too. Works for me.

3/16/2006 11:09 AM  
Blogger Ellie said...

Valerian root works but yeashhh have you smelt the valerian essential oil. P. U.

Oh ev re your last post. Have you tried Google Earth. You can actually see you path, buildings and all.

3/21/2006 9:55 PM  
Blogger SiouxZQue said...

Bad news please sit down -------

I am Susan --- Ev's younger sister. It is with tremendous saddness that I inform all of you on the passing of my sister Ev. She passed away March 25th, 2006 peacefully in her sleep at her apartment in Austin. According to the Austin medical examiner no foul play was found. Her exact cause of death is unknown, as an autopsy is pending.

If you knew her well you enjoyed her postings that were always written with intelligent sarcasm and warmth. She had this special ability to look beyond the norm and see things in many different perspectives. Sometimes very funny, other times raw and festering and other times her sensibility was brazen. She wrote everything with her special flair and awesome intelligence. She was beautiful, witty and wise beyond her 45 years. Ev was my best friend, she was my teacher, confidant, life companion, mentor, spiritual guide, as well as sister. I will miss her terribly for the rest of my life. Her death is a tremondous loss to everyone who truly knew her. I take comfort in knowing that her essense, radiance, warmth and wisdom now embrace the cosmos.

RIP my love.

End note:
Ev learned to read at the age of 3 and by the age of 7 was reading on an adult level. She was so beautifully gifted, talented and so enlightened. Most of her education was self-taught through reading. She devoured knowledge and reading. She would literally have a book for breakfast ----- (not kidding).

If you want to do something for her ---- I think it would be an amazing tribute to her to get out there and help someone read. Whether it be a child, or an adult --- help them, guide them, whether it be through an organization, library or just your own inertia --- please promote reading. Reading is key to knowledge and knowledge is the key to understanding --- which eventually leads to enlightenment.

Please promote reading in her name.


To contact me --- email at Leodragonlady@hotmail.com
Thanks.

3/27/2006 12:51 PM  
Blogger dreamkeeper said...

NICE CAKE

9/01/2006 12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home